Engine light came on during driving

Asked by Oct 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM about the 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD

engine (mil) pluss sounds and feels like she missing abit as im driving also have had to top up radiator  every 3rd trip

oooo...sell this puppy~...and buy a Toyota~

not helpful

just being realistic...if the motor is gobblin' up coolant...a block flush will not help a CRacked block....if you're lucky it's just a headgasket...you could spend the time to fix it...then you'd still have a Hyundai~ honestly I wish that I could come up with one solitary nice thing to say about them, but really just look at the reputation....especially with high-miles....okay pull the plugs and see which one is wet or saturated with coolant....then we could pull the head off and see if there is a breech between the coolant and the combustion chamber...when there isn't...a cracked block could be the only cause...as I have stated Toyotas will not break down like this~ hate to offend, but Hyundai ----korean cars get my goat....they imitate the achievers , but are not successful in their attempts~ so sorry if this is NOT helpful, but the vehicle is not being helpful~

Hi judge_roy I understand your hate passion. i think i have solved the coolent problem ,small crack in a hose, no foam in oil so hope the head is ok .now how about my other question re the hydrulic tensionor????

there is an hydraulic tensioner that you can take a look at? I can think of but one that might be on the timing chain (if you've got a chain) which exerts force on the chain to take-up any wear/slack....when they run out of tension it is because the chain links have stretched...this is the only hydraulic tensioner in town (from what I know) sorry for bein' a dick~ this is YOUR car and now you've got to the concerns of it~

these cars (tho annoying advertising) have the best in quality for a good reason...my father-in-law was an inspector at EATON and he said that EVERY single Toyota part that came in was on spec 100% of the time...not to mention that when they are wrecked it is always the fault of the driver's concern (debris in the road) for example~ not the car....kinda really want to get rid of my Toyota truck (because it's small) but it will NOT DIE....the wife insists that we keep it in the fleet as a manure hauler~

did you examine the slack in the timing chain? Is it time to replace it, before it lets go and causes subsequent damage...My Toyota 22RE engine timing chain let go and smashed the oil pump a bit, but still pumps oil...the chain and sprockets were changed and now it sounds like a barrel of monkeys~

haven't had a chance to play sillybuggers yet i'll let you know how i go