Is $13k for a mint 93 black 5.0 w/ 26k miles convert a good price?

Asked by Apr 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM about the 1993 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

Will this hold value over 5 years?

6,765

Not unless it is a Saleen. Ive seen MINT when I mean mint I mean show room condition still smells new not a single flaw anywhere with less than 10k go from 8-10k for the GT and Cobra models.

Thats perfect - I am thinking about a car as a fun once in a while driver, but would like to get most of my money back within 5 years - I have to think low mileage cars will generally do this but key is not to overpay. Again, thanks for the advice.

55

i got mine for 1400 with 40k miles there easy to come by but if the swap isnt done right u have alot of problems

445

not when you can get good fox's for less than 5....sadly those cars aren't worth that much and when you buy a car it is a money pit that will never hold its value unless its a super rare 69 Shelby GT 500 or Boss 302 in perfect condition, i suggest find a car you like that's fun to drive and run it until it can go any further, have fun with the car

Yeah I swapped my hardtop for an SUV and now get 23 MPG, I'm looking good at the gas pump!

Uh I am not sure about the relevance of the last post to my question ...... So whatever!

145

u dont buy convertible cars 2 hold value u buy them because theyre fun

so are you saying you would overpay to have fun?

505

Autotrader.com has a tool where you input the specs on your car, and get actual offers from local dealers, subject to in person inspection at the dealership. It works, as I just sold a relative's vehicle yesterday for the price quoted, minus almost nothing (within a few hundred $) for wear and tear that the dealer saw in person. Was way more than any offer I got from placing an ad in the classifieds, or what other dealers or CarMax offered. _________________________________________________ Here is the Autotrader.com tool https://tradein.autotrader.com/ATPages/TradeInMarketPlace.aspx?LNX=TIMATCHPBTN ___________________________________________________ Mike www.fromcartofinish.com

235

13K s a bit steep. 345 has it about right. Depends if it's a one or two owner car. Like I posted earlier I saw a 1990 stock, mint GT original owner, 48K miles go for 11K. It was up for sale only 2 days. In the Detroit area that is the going rate. If you get it for 9 - 10K it should hold its price well if it's a stock and un-molested vehicle.

235

RichIeb did you buy the car?

Nope! Way too much - he dropped the price $100 - he is not getting any play on it at all

235

Save you pennies and be patient...there's nice stock ones out there except they're getting harder to find. Good Luck...