I just bought my first Acura Vigor 1993 LS with 38,000 original miles one owner

Asked by Oct 18, 2013 at 04:42 PM about the 1993 Acura Vigor LS

Well I feel I just bought a money pit.  The car is incredibly beautiful and ORIGINAL to say
the least.  I took it straight to my Acura dealer cause of a few issues noticed right
away....well to say the least $5500 dollar quote later and not sure what to do.I know that
regular maintenance is required and that this car has sat with not much driving for a long
time but runs extremely well...is it worth putting another $6000 into car when only paid
$3000 !!!!  I guess this is for the other Vigor owners to answer...I bought this car to be a  
daily driver...whats your input?

755

Have you tried an independent mechanic or shop? They may be able to do the needed repairs for a much lower price.

125

dude that guy sounds likes he's ripping you off but then again i dont have the car infront of me to diagnose. Honestly you can tune up your car alot cheaper yourself and use the rest to make your car stand out!!! my vigor has 205,000 miles and she still eats hondas for breakfast ;) i dont kill the motor, but merely excerise her if you will ^_^ Maintenance is vital and only use Penzoill Ultra 5w30 if you ever need any advice go ahead and give me a shout and check out my you tube account for in depth basic maintenance's http://youtu.be/0sNXmJO7li8

275

No doubt, that the Acura Vigor 2.5 Front Mid-Front-Engine (as it is termed by it's designers), with nearly 200hp (modest estimate), and comparable torque, especially when equipped with a manual 5-speed, is a beautiful and luxurious, "Super Accord!!" Don't dump another 5g's into this baby...do your regular tune-up items (esp Spark Plugs), change the oil w/filter, put a nice K&N stack velocity air filter on her, and begin to enjoy! Now the Vigor 2.5's do tend to have an oil leak from the adapter plate right behind the oil filter...if that is the case, it has to be fixed, and not so easy to get to. It may also need, brakes, struts, tie rods, and some exhaust work...but all these are well worth the final product. Let me know if you still have her and how it all worked out. I LOVE my 92 VIGOR...