I replaced the MAF Sensor and now the vehicle won't start, it does turn over, what else should I do?

20

Asked by Aug 28, 2016 at 09:18 AM about the 2002 Ford Windstar LX

52,635

Put the old MAF back on the vehicle and see if it will start. Also have the computer trouble codes read and post them here.

20

I did put the old one back on and I got the same result. I don't have a code reader.

52,635

Was replacing the MAP a part of trying to repair the no start condition? Miles on the vehicle? When did it last run and where there any symptoms prior to it not running?

20

A few weeks ago my check engine light came on, it was running fine, but using more gas than normal. They put it on the code reader at Autozone and the only thing it showed was the MAF. Instead of replacing it then I just bought the MAF spray cleaner, so every time the check engine light would come on I would clean it. It would stay off for at least a week at a time. A couple of days ago it came on again so I cleaned it again, this time check engine light did not go out, so I bought a new MAF. Now since being replaced and trying the old one back again, it will not start and it looks as though there is no longer any spark. Please help, I am still making payments on this vehicle.

20

Also was running quite rough this last time, did not want to stay running.