overheating

Asked by Oct 25, 2015 at 11:58 AM about the 2003 Lincoln LS V8 Premium Sport

the hyd fan ,how many speed does have ,how to test it?

24,005

?????engine fan???1 speed... redo your question.because im not sure what your trying to say.. whats a hyd fan?

The 2002 and earlier Lincoln LS had a cooling fan that was connected to a hydraulic system. It also had a degaus bottle attached to the cooling system that was discontinued in 2002. So of he has a 2003 there is not one to find and needs to look elsewhere since that can't be the problem. If he just wants to replace the cooling fan it is fairly simple and has a single plug attachment now and could even use a generic universal 14 to 16 inch aftermarket fan for around $75 USD. Overheating problems on this model car can be an absolute nightmare to fix. It can be anything from the coolant not being bled properly to the computer unit not receiving signals correctly. Everything is computer controlled which is great when it works but can leave you pulling your hair out when it doesn't and error codes are almost useless as well because it thinks it is ok. Have seen owners replace entire cooling systems piece by piece (radiator, fan, thermostat, cooling tank and including water pumps before finding out the computer is not working right. Another huge problem that can relate is when the sunroof drain gets clogged it we I'll run down the drivers side pylon and reach a fuse box that will then cause the electronics to go crazy so side mirrors will move by themselves, it will think it is overheating (sometimes will) and go into reduced power mode, tilt steering and other features will work intermittently and so on. The reason I stated all of the above is because it truly is a great looking car for the year and when operating properly it can't be beat. The problem is the design was poor, corners were cut and there are many known issues. Be prepared to have large expenses when you own and drive the Lincoln LS brand. Best of luck ...