I have a 2004 Lincoln LS V8 that has started misfiring, mostly when Im going up an incline. It doesnt do it all the time. Im also having to put water in it about once a week but no one can find a leak. What could it be?

5

Asked by Nov 05, 2013 at 07:49 PM about the 2004 Lincoln LS V8 Ultimate

okay, please do not use WATER...use 50/50 ethylene glycol and water mix...water will make things corrode....but quick...especially deadly with aluminum heads....secondly would check the motor mounts and transmission mounts for separation...incline causes the high tension wires to come too close to ground causing this misfire...check your engine mounts~

the coolant consumption could be a leak at the headgasket or a cracked block~ need to investigate with a compression tester~

27,235

dont check your engine mounts. that would be a waste of time. the vehicle does not have spark plug wires. there is a coil on each plug. there is a tsb on these. the spark plug wells need to be checked for oil or water contamination. oil caused by valve cover gasket. the water gets in through seals on the cover that covers the coils. it needs to be inspected also. take it to the dealer i believe they have extended the warranty on coils if there is water or oil in the wells. as far as the coolant leak goes, its gotta be going somewhere. the system needs to be pressure tested to find the leak

27,235

judge i suggest you get a new hobby you dont know what you are talking about half the time.

that's good that you know something about something but its really nice to know someone is willing to help someone about something its the principle judge never said this is definite its possible he doesn't own a Lincoln still trying to be helpful and your trying to be a rough bully chill out