A/C NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY

Asked by Jul 13, 2009 at 03:12 PM about the 2004 Lincoln LS V8 Ultimate

A/C PRESSURES CHECKED GOOD,LOTS OF WATER DRAINING OUT OF EVAPORATOR BOX, ACTUATORS ARE WORKING ON DAMPER DOORS, CHANGES DIRECTION OUT OF DUCTS WHEN AIR FLOW IS REASSIGNED,REPLACED A-C TEMP SENSOR, STILL BLOWS HOT AIR OUT OF DUCTS..

1,565

There is an easy way to figure out if its air flaps or a/c cooling problem. If your blowing warm air/ ambient temp its an a/c cooling proglem if your blowing air hotter than ambient its a air flap problem. checked the blend air door actuators. found like its not working. hope this info helps

1,565

oh also feel the ac lines. touch the low pressure line is should be cold. if its warm then its a cooling system problem... then go on from there. isolate your problem its more cost efective that way

110

Had same problem recently. Ended up to be the A/C expansion valve. Cheap part, much labor. Center console has to come out. Drop steering wheel, dashboard has to come out. Expansion valve is mounted on the fire wall. But you must get at it from the drivers compartment. My problem was solved. Ah, ice cold air again. But yes, as previous post stated, feel hoses and troubleshoot/isolate the problem.

215

My wife's 2000 Linc LS,V6, had same problem, but mine was (1) bad thermostat, (2) worn out fan pump, these have an elec/hyd fan and a bad module that has 4 or 5 hoses connected to it and 2 relays on top that controls the heating and cooling. $1800 later fixed !!! Independent garage.

535

How do you fix the air flaps?

770

I have repaired a couple of ls's with the same problem. It is your dccv. valve. Dual climate control valve controls how much hot water goes into your heater cores and when it fails it fails open. letting all hot water from engine flow through heater cores. A/C is working but it blows hot air due to the valve failing. It is very common with the ls and it is easy to get to. Mounted on the passenger side of the radiator with two heater hoses on one side and one on the other. One screw and three hoses to take off to replace.

670

I have a question..have an 04 lincoln LS that barely blows cool air and no water ever drips underneath. It is loud like it's blowing hard, actually I believe it is way too loud, but the temperature never cools down unless it's cloudy or dark out. Any suggestions? I'm an amateur. I know water should be dripping if it's cooling right and there is zero.

310

Have a question 2003 ls air conditioning works part time and when it does it freeze you out sometime it blows out hot air and in winter whit heater it blows out cold air ! Is that a flap issue

110

my light will not on the a/c and heater will not come o

60

Change your dual climate controllet

60

My ac on my 2003 licoln LS works perfect blows cold air when driving, but when I come to a stop sign or in heavy traffic it blows hot air ..can you help I replaced the compressor twice

It almost always the heater control valve, i have owned this lincoln ls for 4 years and have replaced the hcv 4 times, a piece of shit part

10

I change the valve and it still blows hot air on drivers side. Both side are cold till engine is at running temp. Switched hoses around and hot air is on passenger side. I grounded wire to valve and cold A/C both sides, so something with or between controls in cab and DCCV valve is not working. Not much has changed with the invention of the Edsel. If you hang on to it long enough it will be worth something because no one else will have one any more. Will sell for $3,700.00 with 140k on her.