2005 Lincoln LS starts but alarm cuts the engine off.

20

Asked by Jun 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM about the 2005 Lincoln LS V8 Ultimate

I have a Lincoln LS where I couldn't start it one morning. Battery was so dead I couldn't
even open the trunk using the button. I ended up buying a battery booster to use to
jump my car. the issue i am having is that when I try to jump start the car, the car
starts for split second then turns off and the alarm starts going off. Not sure where to
start on this but hoping that it could just be a completely dead battery? Hopefully it is
not a PATS issue. I have never had a battery just all of a sudden die in a matter of one
night.

65,695

First of all hopefully you just have a bad battery,next thing is,when your battery died,your computer went in to security mode because of this it may have lost it,s memory of your key code.You may have to have your key,s programmed back to computer to fix this issue.

20

Yea, I am hoping it is a bad battery. I would think that if it is a key programming issue, it would't even let me crank it over. I have one key that doesn't have a chip and if you try to start it with that key, it don't even turn over. I have removed the battery and am going to have it charged and load tested to see if there is issues with that.

20

So....ended up being a bad battery. Brought the old battery down to Advanced AP and had them charge and test the battery. Purchased new battery and all is well.

65,695

Good deal,glad that was it.