Misfire???

60

Asked by Jul 26, 2015 at 11:59 AM about the 2005 Lincoln LS V6 Premium

On my 2005 Lincoln LS 3.9ltr when cold I have a misfire check engine light comes on code read P0305 meaning #5 cylinder misfire, BUT once engine gets to normal operating temperature runs smooth and no misfire only does it when cold after warm up goes away. Changed out MAF, throttle body, checked for vacuum leaks also installed 8 new coil paks before the P0305 code I had a MAP or MAF check engine code so this is why I changed out those parts. Now I have just that one code P0305 but confused as to why engine runs smoothly with no misfire after engine reaches normal operating temperature very puzzled. Any comments or solutions.??

52,625

Move the #5 sparkplug and coil pack (I know it is new) to another cylinder to see if the miss moves. If the miss doesn't move with the parts it is likely the #5 fuel injector. The #5 fuel injector can also be moved to better isolate the problem.

60

excellent never thought of fuel injector but why after getting to normal engine running temperature the engine runs smooth as can be

52,625

Maybe something warming up and expanding or making contact. I would not just buy an injector, I would move it to see if that is the issue before investing in parts.

60

thanks really appreciate your comments I will try moving things

280

Buy new ignition coil pack with new sparks... Problem fix.

70,955

Did you replace the spark plugs when you did the coils? When the engine is cold remove the #5 spark plug. Is it wet? If so, is it oily, gasoline, or coolant? HTH. -Jim

60

Thanks no only replaced all the coils I just replaced the #5 coil now will see what happens in the morning when cool, if still doing it I will remove the spark plug and see if there is any moisture on it or if it is dry. I will di this when engine is cool. Thanks

60

currently engine is at running temperature and no problems what so ever. Never misses a beat very smooth but time will tell once cooled down Thanks

70,955

You're welcome. Glad to help. Keep us posted. - Jim

60

I changed out the coil and the misfire is gone, but check engine light came back on and getting a MAP code error, did some checking and the main plug to the EGR valve is not making a true circuit all the time, squeeze the plug and voltage changes, so going to try a new EGR plug

60

Just for those 2005 Lincoln LS owners with a 3.9ltr V8 engine there is a MAF in line with the air intake and also a MAP sensor on top of the EGR valve which can only be replaced with a new EGR valve. It looks like it is built right into the EGR valve, Hope this helps out all those check engine light errors with a manifold absolute pressure sensor error.

280

Most likely its out buy new one....

60

After installing a new tstat and a new DCCV I am still getting 2 different temperatures of air coming from the passenger side and drivers side. Both are set at the same temp but one side is hotter or colder than the other puzzled. any ideas its in my 2005 Lincoln LS 3.9ltr

What can it be after yu change throttle body and sparks and coils and yu crank it and it starts to smoke?