Issue with sliding door / window

Asked by cm111250 Mar 09, 2018 at 09:35 PM about the 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L FWD

Hi, I am having an issue with a 2006 Honda Odyssey.  Wife was driving and the right rear door came open.  It apparently didn’t latch closed.  I started looking at it and the power to the door did not work.  When you manually closed the door, it would stay shut for a few seconds and then you would hear the latch release and the door would actually pop open just a bit (not actually open but not flush with the car and not latched).   Did the usual You tube searches and tried a few things.  Also, not sure why I waited until now to check the window but just realized the window doesn’t seem to have any power either.   Also, the power drains from the battery overnight since this began so I am having to disconnect the negative terminal.  Here is what I have done so far:
• Checked all the fuses and they all seem to be fine – did a visual and a continuity check with a meter
• I have removed the Right Slide Door Power Release Actuator.  Would like to test it but not sure how – put 12V to the terminals?   One thing I did try is I connected my meter (set at 10V DC) to the switch that connects to the actuator motor and tried the power opener and the key – didn’t see any movement on the meter so thinking no power is getting to the motor so maybe it is actually good.
• Have tried everything with the door
• Put the key in the driver’s door key cylinder and used it to open the windows – all worked except the right rear – no power getting to it.

Obviously looks to be an electrical issue but not sure where or what to check.

150

check the master window switch. I'm not too familiar with Honda but many times that's the beginning of the troubleshoot for that type of issue. 1.) Remove the master window switch from the driver side console. If it's possible to do so without removing the panel (just to save time), do that. With the key in the on, but not the run positon, use your voltage meter (set to 12v dc) to check for power at the right rear window position. Do this by depressing the switch and simultaneously checking each wire for power. If you're familiar with the wiring schematic try to use the same ground that the window switch itself utilizes. You can kill two birds with one stone. In case you have s shortage in the dedicated ground on the vehicle. If you have power, move on to step two. 2.) Look inside of the right rear door for the electrical connector that supplies that door with power. Locate the harness and disconnect it. The male side of the connector is going to be the side that feeds from the front of the vehicle, hence, where the window and door actuator get their power from. Check each wire for power, and again, try to use the same ground that the connector uses (for obvious reasons). If you get nothing, repeat the procedure using an outside ground source. If you get power, then the problem is a bad ground. If your mechanically inclined enough, it's an easy fix! Mist grounds go bad from excessive corrosion or a break in connection somewhere along the circuit. Again, a wiring diagram that decodes everything for you will make this a hell of a lot easier. If you can't get your hands on one, just test each wire while activating each function and it will help you to get a general idea of what powers what. Hope this helps.

S. Thanks for the response. I'll see what I can find out. Open to any and all ideas. Will follow up once I have done this. Thanks, Chip