egine

Asked by Oct 05, 2012 at 06:43 PM about the 1993 Acura Legend LS Sedan FWD

i accidently put tranny fluid in my oil will it mess up my engine...it sounds like something is grinding and when i tried to start it it made that sound if its allready on like my fly wheel is bad or center bearings

Change the oil and filter post haste. Then idle it at high idle a short time. one minute or less. Then do it again. There are products that claim they will flush it, but for one these products are for sludge, and I for one am not a fan of quick-fix- in-a-bottle crap anyway. Use one of them if you so desire, just don't ask the parts store guy if you should, of course he will want to sell the s***. It wont get on the flywheel anyway, unless there is a seal bad to begin with, the even when you get the oil situation taken care of, regular motor oil will be on the flywheel...............Not good.

7,245

I can;t understand what you're trying to say about your flywheel? Are you saying that there is fluid on it or it is making a noise like it is hitting something? Drain all the oil out, add the proper amount of cheap engine oil (I would use 10w-40) with a quart or Marvel Mystery oil, run it until it is hot, then drain it and repeat the procedure a few times. I wouldn't put anything other than Marvel and engine oil in there. You'll always going to want to add Marvel now because your engine probably has some internal damage -- I don't know what Marvel does but it makes engines stop knocking all the time! After changing the oil a few times in a short period of time, I would run 10W-40 with marvel for about 500 miles, then change it and add 10W-30 with Marvel and stick with that. See how that works.

75

I agree with joef regarding MMO. Use it to clean your engine and lubricate the internal parts on every oil change. No more than 1 quart though.