Overheating...Blowing coolant out of reserve

Asked by Mar 13, 2009 at 07:32 PM about the 1993 Acura Legend L

I have a 93 Legend, I bought this car a few weeks ago. One the way home the car started over heating... I bought coolant a few miles later same thing.. I got it down to every thrity miles I was putting in coolant... I had no heat... The car has seen at least five mechanics from chicago to michigan... each with almost the same opinion.. The radiator is new the water pump is new, the car gives heat when at the shop but when driven it overheats blows coolant out reserve and no heat...
Any body have this issue? any one think it's something other than the heads? Is there a less costly repair or fix in a bottle that may give me a few miles?

1,295

sounds like a head gasket to me... get someone to do a compression test, if you have one or more dead cyls then it is proof the the head/head gasket is the issue.