2003 Grand Marquis A/C Blower Acting Weird

295

Asked by Jul 05, 2013 at 04:47 PM about the 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience

This is something that has been happening for about a year/year and a half. I will have my
A/C running and it will be running normal, then I will open my windows while driving and
depending on how long I keep my windows open, when I close the windows, the A/C does
not blow that much out of the vents, even when I put the air on high. What can be causing
this. Also, the temperature of the air is not effected by this, only the blowing of the air.

The other issue I have been having is that one vent will blow out most of the air and the other
3 vents will blow out a little bit of air. I have to keep the vent that blows out the most air off in
order for the other 3 vents to blow out close to normal. What can be causing this? I asked
my friend's dad and he specializes in the Grand Marquis/Crown Victorias and he could find
out what the problem is or what is causing it. Again, the temperature of the air is not
effected by this, only the blowing of the air.

Thanks for any help you can give.

my best guess is that you may have a rodent that has built a nest inside your plenum chamber,hope this helps

72,315

Beginning in 1973 cars were required to have "positive airflow" through the passenger compartment. To prevent the build up of deadly exhaust gases in the passenger compartment. This is still true today. This is accomplished by a one way air valve or valves. When the car is moving forward or the climate controll blower is on fresh air enters the passenger compartment at the base of the windshield, passes through the passenger compartment, and exits through a small "flapper" door located on an exterior wall of the trunk. If the vehicle is a van type this door is located in the rear end area exterior wall. Sounds like your "flapper" door is sticking or clogged with debris. Some older vehicles had nocieable grilles in the door jam area. That was the same thing. A one way air valve. HTH. -Jim