My 2005 Marquis won't start after sitting for a week,any solutions?

Asked by Jan 04, 2016 at 12:56 PM about the 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium

My car generally runs great, Some things I checked is the fuel pump is working, That should leave spark, I checked the fuses and relays. I am thinking plug and coil packs ,but they all couldn't go bad at once. It should still start but run rough. All it does is crank and crank. It ran fine when I parked it.

380

Use a gage and check fuel pressure, engine cranking. The initial prime is good as far as it goes, also, hearing the pump run doesn't mean it is making good fuel pressure. Did you visually check for spark at the spark plugs? If your missing rpm signal it can cause several issues. Don't replace anything unless testing points you in that direction.

195

start simple, is that battery good, is there something draining your battery like a stereo of interior light or door or trunk not closing. if it isn't battery or starter related and you get it started but runs rough, does it smooth out after the engine has ran a while?

6,505

Is the theft light flashing? Can you use ether to get it to fire over? Is there spark. If no to all then try unplugging the crank sensor connector clean it with brake clean and plug it back in. Sometimes oil can seep through the sensor and cause an open in the crank signal.

Best Answer

No the battery has plenty of juice.And it never ran rough. No it will not start with ether. I am changing the plugs tomorrow and go from there. Thanks for the ideas.