ABS light on 2003 trailblazer

Asked by Apr 13, 2012 at 09:18 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD

always.... no braking problems  what is this all about?

it mean anti locking breaking system that so you don't skid out of control.

If its always on, then you might've tore your cable. I had the same problem on a 92 Ford f150. There are 2 elictrical wires that go to the top of your differential in the rear. There is a clip that these go into, somewhere along the line, you might've tore the sensor wires. Pretty simple fix. To do so, cut the wires, burn the cover off so you have the wire itself right there, and tie the wires together. Tape the two off so they don't connect. Make sure you have plent of cable so that there is travel and you don't break it off. Good luck! Hope this helps you.

if the light is on, it means the ABS won't work, it doesn't mean your brakes don't work, they will just function like normal brakes and lock up if you keep the pedal down. If you want them to not lock up, get it fixed- it can be anything from a sensor to a module (which are expensive). Your local dealer will have the right tools to diagnose the problem and the parts to fix it.

scan and repair. likely torn wheel speed sensor harness or loose hub (sensor is intergral to hub). two most common abs issues. code read will tell you.

How do I de activate the ABS system, I slammed on the brakes on a wet straight road to test and I slid for a distance. I have new brakes installed front and rear. I do not like this function.

If your light is still on, it is not working already- you have to pump the brakes, not hold them down.

I can read the sensors on scan tool all are even in speed. At rest they read 2mph. Have power to EBCM have ground. No codes in abs air bag light on no codes. VSS wire has power to ABS. Truck is driving me nuts.

where does a s8363 sensor goes on a 2003 trailblazer