crank no start

90

Asked by Feb 14, 2016 at 03:39 PM about the 1993 Acura Integra LS Hatchback

I replaced the distributor coil, rotor, ignitor, and
checked fuses but still won't start.  The engine isnt
siezed.  There is power going to the coil and
ignitor.

68,655

Spray some starting fluid down the throttle body. It should run a few seconds on the starting fluid. If it does, you have spark so it's a fuel problem. If it won't run on the starting fluid make sure that you have spark at the spark plugs. If you do, run a compression test. Inspect the spark plugs as well. If they're wet and smell of gasoline clean them. They may be fouled out. If all cylinders test low or zero on the compression test it's jumped timing. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
90

Thanks for response. I think there might not be any power going to distributor. Is that a ecm problem?

90

I took back all the parts and just bought a whole distributor and still no spark.

68,655

With the ignition in the run position you should have about 6 to 8 volts at the ignition coil. If not, have you checked your fuses to make sure none are blown? HTH. -Jim

90

Thanks. I did check about 3 or 4 fuses that where listed in the ignition system wiring diagram and they were good.

90

Fuse 32 50a, Fuse 30 50a, Fuse 18 7.5a

68,655

Ok, so you have power at the coil then? Since you replaced the distributor you're sure the ignition rotor isn't 180° out, correct? Finally, you're certain that you have no spark at the spark plugs? -Jim

90

No spark at coil

68,655

Next, check for power at the ignition switch. HTH. -Jim

90

Alright

90

If still hear it crank could the switch still be bad

68,655

Yes, if it's not sending power to the ignition coil. The ignition switch basically is like a light switch in your home. You turn it on and power goes to the light and it comes on. Same deal here. You turn on the ignition switch and power goes to the ignition coil. The ignition coil then magnifies the 6 to 8 volts to the 40,000 or so volts needed to fire the spark plugs. With your '93 model I believe there's no fancy security system or computer involved. Just good old fashioned switch and power. Now if you have no power for the ignition at the ignition switch you'll need to find out where power to the ignition switch comes from. It may be down by the starter. HTH. -Jim

90

I did a test on YouTube. It said if check engine light comes on and lights dim when u try to start its good. Is that right?

90

Ill have to do more checking tomorrow its getting dark. Thanks for the help

68,655

Yes, that sounds right. In did some digging on this. You should have power at the black/white or white white all the time at the ignition switch. In the run position you should have power at the black/yellow (ignition 1) wire and power on the blue/white (ignition 2) wire while cranking. HTH. -Jim

10

What year and type honda will interchange with a acura integra I need a cradle crossmember