the dual air is not working in the back portion of the car. And, the drivers side air vent barely blows any air.

Asked by Jun 08, 2008 at 03:26 PM about the 2003 Dodge Durango SLT

2003 Dodge Durango, back air did work but now, it is now just blowing air that is not conditioned air.  Have checked the fuse.  Also, the drivers side vent is barely a whisper of a  breeze even when the air is turned to the highest choice.

490

sounds like 2 problems, driver side pass side problem may just need to have the system recalibrated, disconnect the battery for a few min and when you reconnect and restart the system it should automaticly go through a recalibration. the frt and rear air lack of cooling sounds like the system is low on charge. best thing is have a garage evac and recharge system, add dye to system for easier leak detection.

50

It also sounds like you have an actuator going bad in the front system not allowing the vents to open properly to allow air to travel to the driver

10

the reason for the problem is extremely poor engineering. If you want an Ice Cold hard blowing A/C even if the vehicle is ideling...BUY A FORD.

1,455

WRONG answer, Ford stands for FIX OR REPAIR DAILY! :-)

1,455

Real answer; could be a couple of things; the evap coils could be dirty,that's a pretty easy fix (the front, not the back) also make sure the drain hoses are clear. Also does the fan blow full speed on vent (non AC) if not fan motor or switch could be going.

the air duct vents are vacume controlled,check fro vac leaks under hood on drivers side up near firewall,their is also a check valve the rubber hoses hook to,3 lines.it could be bad,can get at any parts place,$5.00 part FORD=FIRST ON RACE DAY.

11,975

dont listen to the guy who says buy a ford, their pieces of shit and my truck blows colder AC than any thing else on the road at idle..... ANY WAY, replace your cabin air filters, as they become clogged with dust and debris the amount of air that comes through them goes down dramatically, my mother and boss both drive durangos and this fixed both of their problems

11,975

PS they both had the SAME issue your expiriencing

90

the front is not heating is not blowing at all and the heat is not coming on at all