Replaced Thermostat, bottom rad hose 4 coolent hoses all the hose clamps, radiator, and radiator cap. now I have real hot heat, but the car is still getting hot and boiling over to my resivor.

140

Asked by Jan 27, 2014 at 08:02 PM about the 1994 Acura Legend LS

Now have full rad, and resivor, but car is still overheating, passed the chemical test for the
HGasket. help?

20,085

You have an air lock in the system. Go to advance or autozone and buy an air bleed kit for the cooling system. This will get the air out with no mess.

20,085

Make sure your cooling fans are working.

113,285

If you sure all the air is out. How old is your water pump?

40,595

I would change the water pump next. I have seen water pumps that will shear at the base of the shaft, so the shaft will spin but the impeller will just sit there. It sounds like you have changed everything else. If you decide to change it out, be sure and do your timing belt too. They should be done every 80k or so. The timing belt turns your water pump so the shop will be right in there to easily change them both.

140

had the system bled again, the fans are not working, I have one that comes on with my switch i put in. The mechanic ran every test you could do i passed all the tests but my fan sensor is damaged and needs to be replaced then he will test again. he would not do any flush or anything until fans work to get an accurate test.

20,085

I agree. The fans need to be working to get correct temperature readings.