Headlights

Asked by Jan 16, 2016 at 11:20 AM about the 2000 Honda Accord LX V6 Coupe

My high beam lights stop working and the switch
became loose.  Now my head lights are not
working,  the switch won't turn them on, but my
flashers and signal lights work.  Break lights work
as well. What do you think the problem might be?

5

Have you checked the bulbs and/or cables?

No I haven't. Could all bulbs have gone out at the same time? High beams included?

5

Sometimes

5

It's just like when you see online, they recommend you change headlights at the same time.

Thanks, I will be sure to check them out. I will check the bulbs but I'm not sure what to look for with the cables.

5

What did you mean the switch become loose?

5

Open the hood, check the harnesses to see if they're loose or whatever their conditions are.

The turn signal handle has a switch on it for the lights. The turn signal handle also controls the high beams. You flick the turn signal handle up and down to signal right and left , and backwards and forwards for the high beams. The turn signal handle is a bit looser than what it's supposed to be.

5

Have you checked around the steering wheel? When did this happen?

5

What year is your car?

2000

5

Have you looked under the hood? Look at the high beams harnesses. Try tighten them and try high beam lights again.

3,435

If the switch is loose you do have a problem with it even if only a minor one. Now that the switch doesn't even turn any of the lights on I would most definitely suspect the switch. It is very possible that the switch and bulbs are still good, but for some reason the switch may have become so loose on it's mounting that the harness connector has worked it's way loose and now disconnected and need to be tightened and the connector reinstalled until you hear or feel a good solid click. It would be extremely unlikely for all of the bulbs to burn out at the same time unless you have not changed them as each one burns out, and now they are all dead, especially in the case of the tail bulbs, some of which have double filaments in them for separate functions, like a Tail light/Brake light. If they are all out now it could also be a fuse (or2 or3) or a relay or a fusible link or disconnected harness connector.