2000 Honda Accord EX is hard to start sometimes.

Asked by Dec 29, 2015 at 06:54 PM about the 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe

If I run my air conditioner and cut my car off without cutting the air off first, the
car is very difficult to start back up. It sputters, but eventually will start. If I cut
the air conditioning off first ,then cut the car off ,the car starts easily.What is
causing this?

26,525

is the ac clutch disingaging.

I don't know Kelly

135

Its sound like you need new battery and i explain you why.If you put lot of load on your car electric system,like running A/C,especially when car idle at 700-900 RPM its draw power from your battery to keep it running,because at low RPM alternator cannot satisfy all power what is needed to.And that discharge you battery significantly and make it hard to start next time.

The battery is new,(relatively new). It is cranking the starter hard and strong. It is as if the car is not getting fuel or air. I think is it is fuel because I can press the accelerator to the floor while I am repeatedly cranking the engine, yet, I never smell gas. Eventually, it will catch, and I have to hold accelerator to floor and it will sputter like hell , like it is skipping a cylinder or something ,then it will eventually even out and run fine. If I cut air off before cutting engine off,it won't do any of this and will fire up very easily.I don't know what to make of it. It will also do this if I let the car idle a long time (over 15 minutes or so) with the air on. It will start sputtering badly. When that starts,if I cut the air off quickly, it will immediately correct itself and run well. In a minute or so, I can cut the air back on and it will idle fine for 15 minutes or so then start sputtering again.If I don't have the air on the car will idle well for an unlimited time,(no problem). I can't figure it out. There is no (check engine ) light. Thanks for any help you can give. I appreciate it.

135

I check bunch of Honda Accord forums about your problem and nobody have clear answer to this,one suggest that its may be your A/C compressor dying and another saying that you need clean your entire fuel system,i would suggest doing that anyway its good for high mileage cars You can check with this site http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/honda-iacv-explained-967.html i think they have some catch on your problem.Let me know what you think.

135

Also i find very good video on YouTube and i suggest that you can check it out.Here is the name of this video: How To Solve Honda Idle Problems - EricTheCarGuy

Best Answer

I don't know either. It is a tough one. That is why i came to you guys .I think the ac compressor dying is possible as it is the original one that came with the car. I may change it and see what happens. thanks for the help. eric G.