Cranks but dont start

10

Asked by May 17, 2015 at 04:14 PM about the 1994 Acura Integra LS Coupe FWD

New distribuitor new main relay.
dizzy getting power in but not
shooting spark out

445

Check your coil. I have had this happen on two vehicles and both times it was the coil.

10

The distributor is brand new

445

When you look at your distributor you will see wires leading to each spark plug. You will also notice an additional wire. This wire leads to your coil, which gives your spark plugs the high energy spark to detonate the gasoline. The purpose of the distributor is to send the sparks to the individual spark plugs. The coil is what I would replace (cheap compared to distributor). Hope this makes sense and best of luck!

10

Thanks Michael. but isnt the coil inside the dustributor

445

No.

10

Where is the coil and what does it look like?

445

Well I just learned something. On your car the coil is part of the distributor. I also learned that if it cranks but will not start, that the most common reason for your Integra is the Main Relay which is located under the dash and usually near the steering column.

10

Yea ive checked all that. i give up ima take it to a mechanic. but thanks bro

I have this exact problem. I put in a new fuel pump filter, main relay, and got a fuel pump from the junkyard. It still will not turn on. What was your problem? The same thing might've happened to me.

danielavilia123 - could you please share what your mechanic determined to be the problem? I own a 1990 Acura Integra LS with the same symptoms. I've replaced a number of parts and still, the car cranks strong like it wants to start, but will not turn over. It has been awhile now and I am getting very frustrated with the situation. If you could please share what you have determined, that would be awesome brother. I can be directly mailed at devores_hogan@yahoo.com. thank you in advance.

I have a Acura integra 2001 2 door it cranks sounds like it wants to start but won't I