Why dont my power windows go up anymore on a mustang 05 convertible?

10

Asked by Apr 07, 2013 at 02:21 AM about the 2005 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible

107,765

If none of the switches work in either direction, check your fuses. They use the same power and the same motor for both directions.

107,765

Is there some sort of interlock that would prevent movement when the top is in motion? The only convertibles I have owned had manual tops.

far right, middle

left side page about 6th from bottom shows convertible top switch and this is '05 mustang, so it's the right image for your car but I can't find window

Best Answer Mark helpful

click on the images they will enlarge

10

What happend was my battery died on me so i i tried to to move my car back so my friend can connect his battery to mine to start it up again but since there was no power i forced the door close to move it and the window was all the way up so know whrn i try putting it up it goes back down by itself

30,065

NOTE: The door MUST be closed during this procedure (for convertibles, the top and quarter glass must be in the closed and up position), in order for the door window motor to initialize. NOTE: The windows must be in the full open position for this procedure to operate correctly. Press and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls into the glass top run for at least 2 seconds. Once the top run is reached, hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls at the bottom of its travel for at least 2 seconds. Cycle the window glass an additional 5 times to set the window soft stop for the down position. Test for correct window operation by carrying one-touch up feature.

10

the driver side window when you roll down it don't stop until you hit the switch to go back up it has worn out 2 teeth on the regulator .

20

I have o7 mustang convertible no power to Windows but hit top down button they go down but not up and top don't move checked relays fues any ideal I did play with the top switch and drivers window went up lol