What is the replacement value of 2005 V6 Premium Mustang Coupe? Mine was silver - every option including IPU MyColor - this is 1st year of the new retro look - 40th anniversary car. w/65,500 miles. Need documentation for insurance replacement

5

Asked by Nov 14, 2012 at 08:37 PM about the 2005 Ford Mustang V6 Premium

2005 V6 Ford Mustang Premium coupe, 65,500 miles, excellent condition, silver clear coat with lower door panel charcoal stripe, every option including IPU MyColor. Need replacement value for insurance documentation. Car was totaled and "at fault" drivers insurance only offering me $14,219.50. Can't find same car online any place. What is real world price to purchase replacement?

261,875

Clean retail at a dealership would be $12500, so your getting a deal.

3,035

check NADA.COM and kbb.com to get retail prices. i paid 15000 for my wifes gt 2 years ago, so the offer sounds like it is fair.....

295

Blue Book value, in MO, would be $11500 for your car in excellent condition. However, don't forget to itemize all of your options, and any additional items you have personally added or had done to the car. For example, if you just had brakes installed or new tires put on. You can check with your local Ford dealer and have them give you a value - but you want retail and not trade-in.

5

Thank you, Tom, Daniel, and GWL. I am waning to get a copy of a current appraisal by an owner of a similar '05 V6 Premium Coupe Ford Mustang - fully loaded and with IPU MyColor option. These cars are hard to find as owners are still driving and enjoying them - not interested in selling, just as I was. I need confirmation of actual market replacement value of this 40th anniversary edition Mustang. KB and insurance values do not reflect all options (IPU MyColor) and options cost extra,,,as does availability. Any '05 owner/collector willing to share?

5

Thank you CarGurus Team, I have checked with my local Ford dealer and they came up to almost same $ conclusion as you have regarding KBB as car value source. My problem is - I can't find this exact car for sale...no one is wanting to sell them. I would still be driving mine - with no intention of selling or trading - if I still had the car. Insurance offer of "at fault" driver who totaled my car is $14,219.50. Can't touch a similar car (minus IPU MyColor and 4-5 options) for less than a $15,980 asking price . I have found this 1 car currently for sale and it also appeared on the Ins. co. comparable list. The Insurance co. provided 16 comparables - 10 of which were '06 models and none of the remaining 6 had all options and none had the IPU MyColor option. What I am wanting is a copy of an appraised value of an '05 with all the options from a professional appraiser. I need this to justify an actual replacement value. Can you refer me to an '05 owner or source of an existing appraisal? Thanks again, I appreciate your time and effort to help me. -- Melodie 1217@gmail.com

3,035

autotrader.com or cars.com can give you a nationwide search

3,035

40th anniversary editions were 04 models, from what ive seen from prices out there i would grab that check, and you can get a similar mustang and have cash left over, grab the money and say thank you, before the ins, company pulls the offer from the table,

5

Daniel, Are you sure about '04 being the 40th anniversary of the Mustang? Ford promoted '05 as the 40th anniversary year - not including the '64 -1/2 as it was not a full production year. I also bought a nice California Car Cover with the 2005 40th Anniversary Mustang logo featured at the front bumper area :) Still looking for that elusive '05 and you are right...probably not going to find it before the insurance co.offer evaporates. There are a few "nice" '05's out there - right now there's just not an '05 with all the features and low miles mine had. Sad but true - I'll have to settle for less in order to settle. Losing the car in an accident is bad, and even with all parties walking away from it - no one is a winner. At least I did have my dream car for 7 great road running years. Thanks for the input and keep'er on the road!

3,035

Absolutely!!!!, bought wife an 03 gt for a great price, saw the new 04's with the 40th badges and then traded the 03 in foe a ew 05 gt