Could I do this?

65

Asked by Feb 21, 2014 at 08:20 AM about the 1970 Ford Mustang Grande

I have a 1970 mustang that I am restoring. It needs a new break/gas line and a new
break setup all the way around, they all stopped working. I'm also not sure if the engine
will need rebuilt and resealed. I found a 1971 that I can afford, could I take the break line,
gas line, and the engine off of it and put it on the 70. The 70 has a 302 in it right now and
the 71 has a 351 cleveland.

Don't do that. Brake lines and fuel lines are very important and please don't. For the sake of your very life--literally- do not use old, 44 year old used-buy NEW ones. Also, the 302, or 5Liter is a better engine. In the long run you will be better off rebuilding the 5.0...that is one of ...or the best engines Ford ever produced. It's still used today, even in some Highway Patrol cars. Not the crown Vic, but the CHP (California) has Mustangs with the 302 that will out-run the Crown Vic Police Interceptor.

300 HP 5.0 Liter crate engine: $2700...drop right in.------- 365 HP 5.0 High Performance $3700-----http://high-performance-engines.com/index.shtml

65

I already have a 5.0 in an 89 that I will be dropping into the next mustang I get. It will be either a Cobra 2 or a 94 convertible. I tried to get new lines for everything but I don't remember how it all came out/whent in, the lines are also broke and bent, so is there a picture or something out there that will show me how to put the lines back in? Also they are stainless steel, is there a better "more bendable" material I could use?

Stainless steel brake lines are the best by far, and all you need is the proper tool to bend them.

click on the images to get full screen

68,445

At NAPA we sell brake lines that can be bent by hand. Our shops love them. Check out Faxon Auto Literature in Riverside, California. They have a website. You'll want to get a factory shop manual for your Mustang. That'll help show you how the brake lines go. As others have said, when dealing with brake and fuel lines, do NOT buy used!! HTH. -Jim