Hi,how can i find out what my 68 fastback 2+2 is really worth?

Asked by Dec 20, 2007 at 10:07 AM about the 1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback

I have a 1968 fastback 2+2 auto,302, with what i believe to be 24k original miles. I would like to know where I can find the approx. value of the car in its condition. I understand that there are codes which tell you about the car,and maybe the vin. I have owned the car since 84 and restored it unoriginal. its not perfect, but it is nice.
thanks
Rick
68stang@pghmail.com

42,105

For a vehicle like this, the only way to get a good selling price is to check places like Old Car Trader, Hemmings Motor News, etc., for comps, or similar vehicles in similar condition. Old car values are very subjective and you will have to drop probably the top 2-3 prices you see, as a lot of times guys don't want to sell the car "unless they get top dollar" and so they may be overpriced. I would say it might be worth $15k to the right person.

1,225

I would suggest getting a professional in to appraise the vehicle.( try a local car club for help ) If you have modified it in any way from original , it will take away from the value of the vehicle . Big block cars tend to be worth more and also if it is a higher end model , such as a GT , or Shelby . I would guess the vehicle would be worth less than a #2 ( #1 being a showroom restored vehicle) especially if you have dome radical mods to the car .

6,325

You can also get a Marti-Report (google it) on your car. depending on how extensive of a report you want to pay for. You can find out all information about your car and how rare it might be, how many were built in your color with your options, etc. They can get very extensive and Marti might even have the original dealer invoice on your car. Any muscle car should have a copy of the report.