Mustang Gt 5.0 idle issue

20

Asked by May 04, 2014 at 10:25 PM about the 1988 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

Started revving up to 2500 on its own, I was
just stoped on a hill and it started this,
everything is stock

20

I forgot to add in a link to the video I took https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=MIihOECPPio&feature=youtube_gd ata_player

24,165

The link didn't take me to your video. A couple of things to check: First off, get a manual, it will tell you how to retrieve the Diagnostic Trouble Codes if any are present. There is an IAC (Idle Air Control) valve on the side of your throttle body that may be sticking open. Another concern I have found with this particular car is the TGI switch on the manual Transmission. The Top Gear Indicator tells the computer that it is in 5th and doesn't let the computer drop the RPMs quickly to help with Drivability and Emissions. Retrieving the codes will let you know about this one right away. The last thing I can think of is a vacuum leak. Check the PCV hoses and all related vacuum lines.