Creditability of Buyer

Asked by Mar 30, 2017 at 11:35 AM about the 1989 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

Someone online wants to buy my car, its a dealer. How do I check his reputation or credibility? He sent me a check without looking at it

Probably a scam. I would not cash the check. If you cash the check and give him the car, in about a week you will find out the check is no good and you will have lost your car.

But if I have the cash, from the cashed check, before I give him the car, how can he do anything about it?

If the check is fake then you may not be able to get cash (until check clears) and if you do and the check is found not to be any good you would be obligated to repay the bank.

If you can prove for sure that the dealer is legitimate then call the bank the check is issued on to make sure it is good.

If the check is good, and I get the cash, is there anything they can do to get the money back? Thanks for your help!

Probably not as long as you didn't wrongfully represent the car. How much money are we talking about?

$6k I have heard of so many scams, just trying to be super careful Got a lot of responses from your web site, really great. I find it hard to believe though, someone would buy a car, without looking at it.