cooling system

75

Asked by Feb 09, 2010 at 09:09 PM about the 1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium

I changed the thermostat, water pump and timing belt on my 1996 ACURA TL but it still over heats. Does anyone know what i may be missing or forgot to check?

try the radiator.

75

Sorry, I forgot to mention that too, that was the first thing i replaced it had a leak.

does your fan turn on?

75

Yes it does it even stays on after I turn the car...

75

After i turn the car off..

thats good . do you have heat?

did you by any chance put the thermostat in upside down? it can go in 2 ways. some are marked and some arent. maybe theres not enough coolant, or theres a leak somewhere you cant see it.

75

YES... The car runs great For example today I drove about 50-60 miles when I stoped @ a light it started to heat up. I turned the heater on and drove off and it cooled off. I stopped for about 20 min and then when I left again I drove about another 15 miles with no problem. It over heats when i drive for a while then stop. Its driving ME crazy oh and I dont see any leaks.

what are you trying to tell me? im a little cofused.

did you use radiator stop leak (liquid or pellets) before you did all this work? im thinking of that, thermostat flipped, coolant.

75

Yes I did. I used the poweder one. Should I change my thermostat or just take it out and go with out it?

this is really mind boggling. when you put the thermostat in, did you put the round side in or cone side in?

75

Its called Allumaseal..

flush your system out. stop leak does what it says it does and more. i hate to say it but you acsidently clogged your radiator with the powder.

or maybe your heater core.

are you there? i hope youre not pist about my last post.

are you there? please type back.

75

Yes im hear bro im just thinking if i should do it or if i should take it to a shop. No man im not mad thats why im hear i need advise...

talk to a mechanic before you do anything else, by the way sh-t happens.

its 10:16pm where im at, so ill see ya toomarrow.

75

THis is true, SH*T does happen! Thank you very much for your time and advise i decided to take it to a shop for the coolant flush. I will let you know what happens thanks...

10

hey i was reading ur post. one thing u want to check is for cracks on any of ur gasket. i had the same problem before with my 97 TL. brought it to the mechanic. they change my fan & fan belts. after that. he change my exhaust gasket. cause he said it have a crack. u can give that a try.

315

I have practically the exact same thing happening. I'm finally taking into the shop. Did you find out what was wrong?

315

I'm hoping you got this resolved. I just got my 96 TL back from the shop after it was having the same problem. It turned out I just had some hoses that were loose and fluid was leaking out. Since the cooling system is supposed to be pressurized, this was a big problem. Only $140 to fix.

4,705

well if the issue is not getting sorted out, then i think u should consult a dealer. http://www.acuratls.com/

Its Your Heater Core, You Have To Change It.

10

What antifreeze should i use for my 1997 3.2tl 50/50 ?or no

Need to elivate front of car and bleed the cooling system. Take awhile car running fans come on an fill until no more bubbles come out.

1 of your fans aren't working. Same thing happened to me. Does your a.c. work? But there's 2 fans inn the front check them both.

Does anyone know if bleeding the system worked? There are not any leaks, cracks, loose hoses and both fans r working but randomly overheating. Cant take the stress of always looking at the temp. Any suggestions if bleeding the system did t work