Something is draining the battery. When the car is off it is still pulling from the battery about 1.4 amps and 2days the battery is flat . What is draining the battery?

10

Asked by Mar 29, 2016 at 02:06 PM about the 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster Limited

1,750

Do u have a car alarm, clock, etc. Cars do have systems that draw electricity even wen off. U could put tester on battery, than pull out fuses one by one, checking the tester each time to c if draw stops. It least it may show system involved. How old is battery too is a question too. I replace mine every 3 or 4 years for that very reason. They weaken year by year.

10

I used a battery tester and pulled the fuses one by one. It did not show any problem. No draw stopped, so now what is pulling the battery down. I replaced the battery with a new battery and it drained the new battery flat.

1,750

U typically have bank of fuses inside car and under hood too. Did u check both? How bout car alarm? Is it fused seperately and if so did u check that as a possibility? Is your ignition switch perhaps some how being left in a on position? Did u check lights and make sure there not on. Sounds like a draw that is drawing lot of power. I would start with obvious things first. Maybe disconnecting bulbs and c if draws stops. Let us know...curious!

10

I have 3 fuses boxes. 2 under the hood and 1 in the side of the dash on the drivers side. I check every fuse and no draw stops. No lights left on or the ignition switch not left in the on position. So I am lost to what to do next. In order from draining the battery when I am not driving it for a few days; I disconnect the battery cable.

1,750

Did u add something after market that might b doing it? An alarm, tow hitch, anything? Did u put test light between hot cable and hot side of battery? Wen testing was EVERYTHING off? Including having the door shut or a hood light etc. The only thing I can think of that makes a somewhat direct connect is starter (try testing it too with light) or after market add ons. I'm really curious now, let us know wat u find. Again to test u need things you know are on (door, etc) to be off. Look at cig lighter too. Maybe other guys out other have more ideas. Does it have alarm? Is it fused desperately?

1,750

Meant...is it fused separately?

70

I know I'm answering a post that's 6 months old now .... But the Crossfire does have a towing sensor that detects if the back end is lifted up to try to tow it that's part of the alarm system. That's located in the trunk after you pull the inside carpeting material out to get to it. I never messed with mine but I'm told if your trunk leaks and enough rain water gets down in there, it can short it out and cause these battery drain issues. I think it has a harness on it you can disconnect, in the trunk, to troubleshoot that.