What could be the cause of my 2006 chrysler crossfire lets out blue smoke after sitting for a day or two

10

Asked by Jun 29, 2012 at 03:58 PM about the 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited

my car sat for a day without drinving.  when stated there was blue smoke coming out the exhaust.  Im told that that can mean theres a problem with the engine.  any help will be greatly appreciated.

18,785

blue smoke means burning oil, either leaky piston rings or valve seats. If it doesnt do it consistantly and only for about a minute or less then just make sure your oil level is good. Repairing this is costly.

10

Thank you. When you say costly does that mean thousands of dollars?

18,785

yes, you would have to pull the motor and have the heads taken off and have them worked and the seats replaced, then the crank and pistons taken out to put new rings on and check your cylinder bore. You may need it bored out a little if they are out of round and oversized pistons to compensate for the new bore.