car wont start

Asked by May 05, 2009 at 09:13 AM about the 1996 Acura TL 2.5

turns over,has gas,not starter

65

Check for spark. Hold a test light to a wire or see if it arcs over to something grounded. (while cranking it)

10

i tried everything still my car doesnt seem to crank. i replaced the neutral safety switch i got from a 93 vigor, i found out that that wasnt the problem, my neutral switch is still good, when i put my car to neutral i see the neutral light on my cluster but i dont see park or reverse when i set it as that. I tried to test my starter and there seems to be no electricity involved that would start up the starter. i'am guessing that it might be my anti lock security thats not making my starter to crank,i cant find my security module. I need help, all i did was swapped in a new engine in my 2.5 tl and it wont seem to start. Did i reset a electrical part. Is there a ground wire somewhere on the engine that i forget to put in. can it be my wire harness

45

on the starter there are 2 wires one heavy gauge and one small. the heavy gauge should have power to it all the time. and the small wire will have power only when you have the key in the crank position. check those 2 first. and also check ground. sometime the ground wire from the batter to the engine get corroded and breaks off or make poor connection.. good luck

10

there isnt electricity thats flowing through my starter. battery n everythings good i dont know about the wire harness though. on the battery i connect the positive to the starter and grounded the starter striaght to the negative, and connected the wire that is suppose to be connected to the s terminal to it, and still doesnt start. i have a 1996 acura tl 2.5, swap a new engine ever worked on those before.

4,715

this can be due to various reasons. faulty spark plug or a faulty ignition system, get ur vehicle scanned. http://www.acuratls.com/

315

Something similar happened to my 96 TL. It was the master ignition relay. Had to tow it to a dealer to have it replaced.