Is there a factory metal skidplate available for the '06 Outback? That plastic piece under the engine is good for creating anger issues, & not much more..

Asked by May 21, 2017 at 09:28 AM about the 2006 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L. Bean Edition Wagon

I just purchased a nice used LLBean edition Outback, with the H6, 5spd auto, and live in rural Montana. I have owned previous Subys with factory offroad packages that had both engine and transaxle skidplates that were metal - complete with nice openings where my drainplugs were.

Check out this website below, these guys specialize in this,

Best Answer Mark helpful

If you like my first answer, please indicate that for me... thanks.

By the way, these skid plates are NOT plastic... rather, Very robust metal.... good luck.

A big THANK YOU! Sorry for the delayed response; I got carried away shopping at Primitive;) Muchas gracias

You're welcome.... I considered this as an option....I finally decided that living in a major metropolitan area, I probably don't need it... BUT, if I were living out in Montana... probably would consider it. Are you familiar with US 93 North and South towards Las Vegas?? How is that road??

Well, for MT highways, its one of the better ones. I've driven it from Glacier Park south thru the Bitterroot Valley. The state keeps it pretty well maintained thanks to the tourist travel we see, but summer traffic is bad in the Bitterroot. I haven't been south of the state on that road, but in-state it's super-scenic. Don't know what you're used to driving, but I've read MT's highways are 2nd worst in the country, behind Alaska.

Thanks, were thinking of taking a road trip from the Las Vegas NV area through the scenic back roads .... I'm very familiar with US 395 ... When you say, the worst roads 2nd to Alaska, do you mean poorly maintained and riddled with potholes and rough spots?? Have you actually experienced this or just read about it... Let me tell you, we have many pothole problems in LA...... and it's not particularly scenic in the Metro area...

Have I actually experience this? Where did you think my questions were coming from, imagination? After having lived the last 15+ years near the top of the continental divide, I've had plenty of time to form opinion. Though only 15 miles to town, 9 of those were dirt and I still can't decide which was smoother- the dirt or pavement. As I said previously, US 93 is fairly nice- as is any road to a tourist destination. Other secondary highways haven't been maintained for years, and can be cracked, potholed, banked wrong on corners, you-name-it. I've actually gotten airborne on a frost-heave headed east on hwy12. A smart and safe driver of a nice vehicle stands a much better chance than whoever was behind the wheel of the plethora of junkers one sees on the side of the road in this fine state. Best-o-luck to ya

Be careful to note that '05-'09 dimensions are different from '10- Grasshopper's.

Thanks for the response. Know of any quirks in regards to the 5spd AT in this vehicle?