I have a 2007 ford five hundred the check charge system/battery coming on and the battery not charging, I put a brand new battery and alternators in it. Light still on? I check the voltage fuse it's good. Do ford have a special alternator for this car?

45

Asked by Jun 29, 2016 at 02:07 AM about the 2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited

7,365

Check voltage on hot wire behind alternator to see if it has 12.4 volts to it. If it doesn't, trace wire to fuse box to see where it gas bad connection, corrosion or broken.

13,015

Check the large fuse F17 30amps in the power distribution box, If Ok have the voltage checked at the battery terminals vehicle running should be 13.4-14.8 volts...the after market alternators do not perform well on the 2007.

45

I lost my manual is this where the F17 fuse located? If so my is a little red 10 fuses not 30 amp

13,015

Check under the hood in the battery junction box open it and there will be a diagram for the large alternator fuse. Make sure its not burnt

45

I took it to ford I would let everyone know what the problem was and how much they charge me, thanks everyone

45

Ok, ford charged me 585 dollars for labor the part cost 17 dollars, it was the red positive battery post it overheated. The red post from the alternator to the battery

45

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!! Another question? What's the best spark plugs to use? And does using 93 gas makes my car run better

50

Studda, are you saying they charged $585 to replace the positive battery clamp? I hope I misunderstood. But, a dealer charged my brother $50 to install a new battery that he bought at the dealer! Most auto stores will install a battery free if you buy from them.Johnny

45

@JohnnyG53 All I know is they told me that my red(positive) cord from the battery and the starter was burned out, they don't sell that part nowhere. I even checked the junkyards, they changed me 600 to repair mine.

7,365

@Studa you would've followed our suggestions you would've found it and saved that $$$

50

Irodri911 , Well, now I'm having a similar problem and I thought you or somebody could help. I have a 2006 Ford five hundred, battery less than 1 year old, wouldn't start, had to jump. Took to mechanic he said it was faulty alternator. Replaced the alternator, the car runs fine now, so far it starts just fine, except my battery light is still on and warning " check charging system" is on. Any suggestions on what to have checked? I appreciate any help. Thanks, John

7,365

John, this means the alternator still not charging. It's running til the battery charge is drained. U don't have to pay a mechanic to check charging system, take ut Auto zone and they will check it free of charge. If it is charging and light still on, check fuses or loose wires from alternator and fuse box

50

Irodri911 well since I had the alternator installed, the car starts and runs just fine, even at night time using lights, etc.. The issue is since then my battery light is still on, and the warning " check charging system". But the car starts and runs just fine so far. Thanks, John

50

Ok, so check fuses, and loose wires from alternator or fuse box? Thank you, John

7,365

Take it to auto zone first to make sure it is charging

10

I had the same problem. After 3 new alternator's and a new battery life brought it to an auto electric specialist who it to be a bad ground wire. It's been 3week so far so good

10

I had the same problem. After 3 new alternator's and a new battery l brought it to an auto electric specialist who found it to be a bad ground wire. It's been 3week so far so good. Sorry about the first message l was using the mic.an it came out wrong

50

GuruDXHG9, do you know where the ground wire was, or what it ran to ? I appreciate the reply. Thanks , John