Transmission fluid on 07 chry pacifica

Asked by Feb 16, 2017 at 11:18 PM about the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring

My 07 Chrysler Pacifica has been having
issues shifting (it's an automatic) and I'm
99.9% sure it needs fluid but I need to know
what kind of transmission fluid and how
much do I use as well as where to put it in.  
There is no dipstick and the repair shop
wants $100 just to check the fluid level
(highway robbery might be cuz I'm a
woman.)

22,995

It is a non serviceable trans and cannot be checked at home. It must be taken to a dealership, the dipstick is a dealer only special tool and they use a trans computer scan tool to read temp,ect. You don't check it. it is a sealed case transmission under the hood where the dipstick should be is a cap that says dealer use only the computer will tell you how many miles remain before recommended service is due. I have heard that if doing the filter change to collect the fluid and measure it and add threw the dealer service only cap the same amount which should be between 4 & 5 quarts if there were no leaks and if there is leaks then without the service dipstick from dealer there is not way to tell how much to add back in and the type of fluid I do not know that answer.

If you find the same motor that has a dipstick you can use that dipstick to replace the cap. Also as far as transmission fluid it doesn't really matter although I feel Lucas oils are better

@Engine Creator, you're saying though the cap says (Dealer only) on the 07 Pacifica, we could still at transmission fluid?

22,995

The issue is over-filling the trans is bad and will cause it too burn up early, so I t needs to be drained and measured if not leaking to know how much to add back in. Unless you can purchase a dealer only tool Called the dipstick for the rest of us but I am sure the dealer is calling by a part number or some other unidentifiable name. I will see if I can come up with any other information on this.

22,995

which engine do you have the 3.8l or 4.0l V-6?

22,995

If yours is the 4.0l v-6 rockauto.com sell a dipstick (others may too) for the automatic transmission, which is a tool only and does not stay in the trans all the time (its a tool and removed after using it to find the correct fluid level). It is a DORMAN 917327 {#8863B, 9336} w/o tube, Maintenance tool, Does not remain in vehicle.

22,995

URL: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chrysler,2007,pacifica,4.0l+v6,1433518,transmission-automatic,dipstick+/+tube,8486

@Engine Creator: It's 3.8, but here's the issue I'm having. We had a horrible rain fall, before I knew it I was in water maybe to middle of tire rim and created a big splash. Drove done after, but next day wouldn't go over 30ml and does this periodically.

22,995

I did not see a dipstick tool for the 3.8L. I would say to pull all electrical connections and spray with electrical board cleaner (contact cleaner) to dry out all moisture and use dielectric grease (bulb grease) in those connections to keep moisture out. As far as the transmission goes if it is filled with water tow it too a dealership and have it changed out. I do not have a cure for this as the dealership is the only place that I know of that for sure has the tool needed to check the level for you and also replace the fluid with new and get it too the correct level, The connections there for the sensors or solenoids may just need the moisture removed, Unless you know it is water filled in the transmission case.