why won't my car start not even after a jump

Asked by Dec 26, 2015 at 10:26 PM about the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring

if it turns with a jump you need to check your fuel and your spark to see if you have both of those.

Remove the battery cables Recharge your battery (trickle, about 6-8 hours) Then reinstall the battery and see if the car cranks, if it does then you most likely have a TIPM failure TIPM stands for Totally Integrated Power Module, its a logic module that controls all power distribution for the vehicle. When I say logic, that means that this module is programmed. Since the programming is VIN specific, it must occur at the dealership. All vehicles built past 2004 incorporate this same feature and as the Vehicle electrical components wear, these power control modules fail from excessive current demand. Therefore if your TIPM power module has failed, then there is a related component in your vehicle that is most likely failing as well. (most likely your fuel pump) The problem with modern vehicles is there are so many electrical devices available to operate that the demand can easily exceed electrical supply at low engine speeds. The TIPM is used to manage these electrical demands so battery life and electrical current being supplied by the alternator are sufficient. The higher the volume of complicated electrical devices which are on your vehicle the greater the chance you will experience TIPM failure at some point. High electrical demand during operation would require multiple batteries to handle the resulting electrical loads, if the TIPM did not exist. Multiple batteries add extreme weight to the vehicle which in turn effects fuel economy, so the solution is to manage electrical load via computers and programming (aka the TIPM The solution is to purchase a vehicle with less electrical equipment on board, however since dealers (not consumers) order vehicles in the United States, that paradigm change is not going to occur soon, leaving the consumer with no viable alternative. The basic electrical equation E-IR can not be overcome by adding more current demand than the electric circuit is able to deliver at engine idle,