Why won't my car start???

Asked by Mar 24, 2015 at 09:16 PM about the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring S Package

I have a 07 Pacifica. The car would not start and would not jump. I took out the battery and charged it and it started. The next day it died again. I changed out the alternator and it started. The next day it died again. I then changed out the battery and it started. The next day it died again. Not sure what to change/check now. Any ideas for a moderate mechanic to try would be greatly appreciated.

90

Do your radio lights stay on? Always have something plugged into a 12 v plug?

Radio lights go off with the car. We do use the 12v plug to charge phones, etc., but we use the one associated with the ignition switch, not the one connected directly to the battery.

30

I have had this same problem no one can explain to me why it happens. It doesn't happen that often, but if you put the car in neutral and then try to start the car. It will start right up. It works!

70

First thing I saw was nothing was was on or working. I tried to jump it. Nothing no lights no ringing of door open not even dash lights.had battery tested out of car. It was good. Came back fumble around with relays not sure which one is the problem but I heard clicking my wife said everything came on the dash and then it started. This has happen a few times with her she tries it wait a few minutes and then it starts. HELP ME. I KNOW it's something simple. Maybe stater relay????

20

you need to put and extra ground from batter to transmission. Pacifica has bad grounds they are to small. Add a extra Ground for 2 dollars. I used a amp wire and have had no more issues

340

You are experiencing a TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) problem. Your TIPM will need to be repaired or replaced. TIPM failure is a typical problem with Chrysler vehicles built after 2004 when they shifted to the logic circuits to control power distribution. Chrysler is not the only one having these issues, they spread across the spectrum of vehicles built since 2005 Removing the battery connection is allowing the TIPM to reset, however the failed component drains the battery over night. The most common contributor is the fuel pump relay found in the TIPM, which allows the pump to continue running after the ignition switch is turned off.