Ignition won't turn over but starts up when jumped

Asked by Feb 26, 2017 at 01:03 AM about the 1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan FWD

I have a 95 acura integra ls it's having a hard time turning
over starters fine fuel pump works replaced the alternator
already battery is new. I noticed my clutch safty lock is all
missing possibly because the car has a remote start?idk. I
never needed to push in my clutch to start the car so I don't
know what the problem is. Can anyone help?

19,815

Make sure you have good Battery terminals ends & wires without corrosion. Make sure grounds to frame from engine block and battery are good.

19,980

Alternator may not have any power going to it check for a blown alternator fuse.

Terminalso are both new and is clean as well. And the power to my alternator is fine as well I jump the car and drive it all over sounds hooked up and all car always starts up and stays running but with the key in the ignition turning it won't start at all

19,815

If your having to jump it off and it runs fine but turning the key without a jump from another car then its battery or its connections, wires ect. If everything else works as long as it has extra power from another battery system then there you go its all working but your battery or its connections can not hold/handle the power by itself to deliver full power but two batteries can push it threw, Pull some terminal wire insulation back to see if it is white or blue or green, powdery basically corroded, check with a volt meter, they are at the age to need new terminal wires, check the connection at starter. Starter may be going out soon. If your in neutral there is no need to push clutch in unless its in gear on newer cars, older cars will turn over, can use the starter to move a car if needed like if stalled on railroad tracks.

What I mean by jump is I'm kick starting it not using another car. I also tried to hook up a push button to start her up but still doesn't want to turn over