where is the auxiliary input on the maxx ss?

25

Asked by May 31, 2007 at 01:25 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS

Where is the Auxiliary input on the Malibu Maxx SS to plug in a ipod using mini to mini cable?

32,345

Are you sure there is one? i know they play mp3's but isn't that just from an CD? you can get things to plug into your ipod like an itrip that plays it through the radio.

I called GM service and I gave my VIN # and they said I should have one. The customer service rep that I had on the phone did not sound confident when they told me I had one, I had to be put on hold. I will take a look for the itrip sounds like it would be a better option then call customer service back. Thanks

85

if your maxx has the rear entertainment system, get your self a cord that goes from left and right rca to the ipod mini jack. plug the rca red and white jacks into the dvd input and the mini jack into your ipod. on the dash radio selecet the source button till rear audio comes on the screen and voila you have your ipod playing thru your speaker system. all the radio controls should work as well. works on y 2006 maxx ss with rear dvd. not sure about the rear audio sys only but they should have an imput there as well hope it works for you Les

I was going to concur with your answer. ITunes 2004 Malibu Maxx LT and it had a rear system which I think had a headphone jack. I know longer own a car but I have a 2007 Malibu Maxx LTZ. This comes with the rear entertainment system with the screen flips up, it's got two remote controls and I believe it has a jack is well. And on the driver information console I believe it is referred to as RSA. I'm hoping that this connection will work with the Bluetooth kit because Consumer Reports says that this delivers the best setup for Audio quality, vs plug to a 12 V port and relying on a static free blank station. I had my SiriusXM car radio and had to use a blank FM station to get a signal, however the reception with hideous. I was not getting stereo and after I complained numerous times they sent an in-store down to hardwired my Sirius radio to my car stereo. The only trade-off is I have to turn the a.m. off when my satellite radio is on, otherwise I get major static but I found a way to get around that I just simply turn off the a.m. station I can listen to KYW one my radio up. To quote Steely Dan, "no static at all". But if I want to listen to a.m. I just simply turn off my sirius receiver so I'm going to evaluate and look into one of those Bluetooth kits that uses the audio jack. I can always return it, however if it works I expect will be getting some outstanding audio quality. I've sat in the backseat of my car and listen to a concert DVD, such as Roger Waters in the flesh Dvd I had to open my eyes to make sure he was not playing in my car. Damn that sounds awesome!