what can cause stabiltrak warning light to come on

Asked by Nov 16, 2014 at 09:57 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD

stabiltrak light comes on then service warning comes on

21,700

Are you sure its stabiltrak or just the traction control light. If I'm not mistaken just the full sized GM trucks have stabiltrak. Anywho, the light is on because something is wrong with the traction control. Stop into a local Autozone they can scan it for free and tell you why the lights are on. I'm going to say its either a bad wheel bearing(the bearing is where the abs and traction control sensors are located) or the wires from the bearing to the body are broken or rubbed through.

1,455

We have an 07 with the same thing. Been happening since we drove it off the lot new. Dealership never figured it out and there are no codes that get posted to the computer. After we shut off and restart the car it goes away and all is fine again. Seems like a software glitch

1,455

And it is stabilitrak.

21,700

David you should have got the Chevy dealer to fix it while it was still under warranty. I would have dropped it off every time the light came on til it was fixed. You paid good hard earned money for it and it shouldn't have a warning light on new. I still think it'd going to be a bad wire harness from the wheel bearing or the bearing/trac control sensor/abs sensor. As far as it being stabilitrak, I've said it before I learn something new about vehicles almost every day.

50

I have 2008 Pontiac Torrent which shares many of the components of the Equinox. Both the "service stabilitrak" and "traction control" notices have been appearing for about one month now. At that first appearance An independent mechanic said no codes appeared and he reset but they were back on same day. In this one month period i put 3000 miles on the car and about half were hywy.Over the last 3 days my rt front wheel bearing went bad. In hindsight I did begin to here a humming etc about 3 weeks ago. The sensors must be very sensitive.

100

My 2014 chevy equ Wil not start

300

I have a gmc tarrain with service stabili trak so what dose tis mean

120

I have a 07 Suburban with service stabili trak so what dose tis mean? What is the fix?

50

change the throtle body

50

tps guys

50

change both hub aseemblys

20

2008 chevy avalanche 118K miles... Stabilitrak off while driving on rainy evening, traction control off with hard gear between 1st&2nd and the engine light on came on the next day. I replaced my spark plugs and it cleared everything. Driving smoothly again...

50

I have a 2007 equinox had check engine light stabilitrak and traction control on changed the eye valve and tube witch fixed the traction control light stability control stayed on had an alignment done 3 weeks ago and since then the stabilitrak light has not come back on the check engine light on but I figured out it needs a output speed sensor

40

Hello have a 2008 lt exuinox and the traction control and stability bar light keeps coming On if you get any average speed from 30on up miles per hour The hole rear end feels like it's sliding around very scary

40

50

I would have that check the rear end doing that sounds like a bad control arm theres 3 or 4 control arms on the rear of those any one of theme can make the rear sway jave it xhecked before it leaves you stranded

20

My left rear bearing was replaced and all is fine now

10

I have a 2013 Chevy Equinox. Just paid over $700 to fix Stabiltrak less than 2 weeks ago. My light is back on??? I'm very dissatisfied with this car. Nothing but problems since I bought it...a lemon. Upside down, mileage....this was a horrible deal! Thanks Chevrolet, ##anything# for #a #profit. Mspyw@hotmail.com

20

I have an 09 equinox and the Stabilitrak light kept coming come and after restarting it, it would go off. This past week I was turning, the light came on again, and at the same time I lost control of my power steering. I almost hit another car waiting to turn my direction. My mechanic said he ran all the codes and it came back with something about the electric steering not communication with the rest of the vehicle. He couldn't figure out what it was so he rest everything. He took it for a test drive and it was running fine. 2 days later I start it, the light is back on, and I can't turn my steering wheel. Any ideas as to what's going on?

20

The code was u0131

1,455

U0131 it's lost communications with the power steering module. The power steering on those equinoxes it's electric assist which could be why you can't turn the wheel. Not sure if that could cause stabilitrak issues but I would imagine it could

10

GuruD6V16 Your problem sounds like wheel hub assembly. I had the exact same things happening with my Camaro.