what can cause stabiltrak warning light to come on

Asked by Nov 16, 2014 at 09:57 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 AWD

stabiltrak light comes on then service warning comes on

20,160

Are you sure its stabiltrak or just the traction control light. If I'm not mistaken just the full sized GM trucks have stabiltrak. Anywho, the light is on because something is wrong with the traction control. Stop into a local Autozone they can scan it for free and tell you why the lights are on. I'm going to say its either a bad wheel bearing(the bearing is where the abs and traction control sensors are located) or the wires from the bearing to the body are broken or rubbed through.

1,255

We have an 07 with the same thing. Been happening since we drove it off the lot new. Dealership never figured it out and there are no codes that get posted to the computer. After we shut off and restart the car it goes away and all is fine again. Seems like a software glitch

1,255

And it is stabilitrak.

20,160

David you should have got the Chevy dealer to fix it while it was still under warranty. I would have dropped it off every time the light came on til it was fixed. You paid good hard earned money for it and it shouldn't have a warning light on new. I still think it'd going to be a bad wire harness from the wheel bearing or the bearing/trac control sensor/abs sensor. As far as it being stabilitrak, I've said it before I learn something new about vehicles almost every day.

50

I have 2008 Pontiac Torrent which shares many of the components of the Equinox. Both the "service stabilitrak" and "traction control" notices have been appearing for about one month now. At that first appearance An independent mechanic said no codes appeared and he reset but they were back on same day. In this one month period i put 3000 miles on the car and about half were hywy.Over the last 3 days my rt front wheel bearing went bad. In hindsight I did begin to here a humming etc about 3 weeks ago. The sensors must be very sensitive.

70

My 2014 chevy equ Wil not start

100

I have a gmc tarrain with service stabili trak so what dose tis mean

50

I have a 07 Suburban with service stabili trak so what dose tis mean? What is the fix?

20

change the throtle body

20

tps guys

20

change both hub aseemblys

20

2008 chevy avalanche 118K miles... Stabilitrak off while driving on rainy evening, traction control off with hard gear between 1st&2nd and the engine light on came on the next day. I replaced my spark plugs and it cleared everything. Driving smoothly again...

30

I have a 2007 equinox had check engine light stabilitrak and traction control on changed the eye valve and tube witch fixed the traction control light stability control stayed on had an alignment done 3 weeks ago and since then the stabilitrak light has not come back on the check engine light on but I figured out it needs a output speed sensor

Hello have a 2008 lt exuinox and the traction control and stability bar light keeps coming On if you get any average speed from 30on up miles per hour The hole rear end feels like it's sliding around very scary

30

I would have that check the rear end doing that sounds like a bad control arm theres 3 or 4 control arms on the rear of those any one of theme can make the rear sway jave it xhecked before it leaves you stranded