i have a 2007 2.2l chevy cobalt lt automatic would like to add an cold air intake the stock ss catback stock 18''rims and possibly a tune if needed can i do any of that with out harming my car..

Asked by May 10, 2014 at 01:08 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt 2 Dr 2LT Coupe

not sure if it will ruin the car or not and I DO NOT want that happening

i'll be the first to post as well lol.. I haven't looked into the difference in exhaust but really what are the mods I can do to play it safe as it is automatic and id really hate to ruin the vehicle I could put a supercharger kit in it but again its auto. money wont be a problem any information on engine/air flow/ torque/hp to open it up a little bit without killing the car I need it to last me 10yrs or so

3,775

If you have limited resources and want to keep the car reliable I wouldn't get too carried away modifying a 2.4/automatic car. If I were you I would consider selling this car and finding a factory supercharged SS. They aren't plentiful but they are out there. They come with the 18" wheels and have lots of power right out of the box so you might be happy with it just the way it is. If not there are lots of mod options available for the 2.0 that comes in these cars. I did a stage II upgrade with parts from ZZ Performance. I also did the fresh air intake and upgraded the intake air cooler. The car remains totally reliable and goes like crazy.

yeah idk if I wanna sell it yet but maybe adding an injen intake the zzp header and downpipe combo with the stock s/c exhaust/muffler id really like that pop sound and for tunes idk which to get trifecta or hp and do I need an intake manifold or am I okay with the stock 2.2l and add the header dp combo

3,775

I'm not sure about the intake, but the tech guys at zzp can give you some guidance there. Send them an email. I'm sure the mods you are talking about will give you some gains but shouldn't be enough to cause problems with the transmission or other components. It will go a bit quicker, sound a bit sportier and still be totally reliable. If that's what you're after I'd say you're on the right track.

yeah I just got an email back from the guys at zzp the stock intake is fine they said things I can do is add the header/dp combo and a cat back they said note an extra 02 bung will be added bcuz its a 2.2l whatever that means...aside from that they said bite the bullet and get the s/c kit was told once this happens bcuz its auto trans I shouldn't expect the transmissonto last as long as id like it to and yeah im looking just for that so hopefully ill just buy the header/dp and find a stock s/c exhaust or shud I go with a gmpp exhaust

3,775

Sounds like a good plan you're putting together there. I'm not sure either what the extra O2 bung is for, so ask the question in case it means a few additional parts to complete the project. It might mean you require an extra sensor or it might mean relocating an existing one is required. As for the exhaust I doubt that you'll feel a noticeable difference between the two so go with the option that's the least expensive.

any opinions on the trifecta tune vs the hp tune I have the option of going to hp sence mine is 07

3,775

Sorry, can't help you there. Maybe others can.

got an email from zzp they say hp is better to go how ever they would need the car there to do the tune