Front speakers don't work and no turn signal or alarm chimes.

Asked by Feb 10, 2012 at 01:56 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Coupe FWD

I recently purchased a used 2007 chevy cobalt ls for my daughter.  When we purchased it the front speakers didn't work.  I later noticed that there are also no alarm chimes and no turn signal chimes even though signals working fine otherwise.  I've researched that the chimes come from the front left speaker.  Are the speakers blown or is there an electrical problem with this year cobalt?  What is the fix?

280

Electrical problem. I have a 2008 with the same issue and have changed the speakers twice. My speaker is out again and I'm not replacing it this time...it's futile.

185

I had the same issue with my 2008, and i pulled the door panel right away and found water got in there somehow. Have you noticed if there is any signs of water?

70

I have had 2 sets of speakers and 2 radio's replaced on my 2007 Cobalt. I still have problems with them. They said its the auto volume. look it up in the book. I can't remember how to find it. It has worked on and off. in the extreme winter and heat. my radio will not work and the display is all jumbled. this car has been a nightmere.. now i am having issues on and off with the key sticking in the ignition in the second position,aux, no electric at all, the steering wheel was locked and i could not get the key out. The man at the shop where I was getting some things fixed said it needed a jump.. NOT!!! sparks were everywhere when he hooked up the cables. i could not turn the key so therefore it would not start. he could not figure it out..I just messed with it and finally got it to start. everything was ok on the radio but the clock was reset!! Weird!! I also have had alot of front end problems and unusual tire wear... Good luck. Dont recommend this car!!!

40

mine haven't worked fro 5 years i have a 2007 cobalt this is a issue that GM doesn't think it is one

60

miller4494, did you ever solve this problem? We're having the same issue with my daughter's 2010 cobalt. We had some rain recently, so water may be the issue, but it hasn't been before and we've had the car for over a year. Another site suggested checking for loose fuses in the fuse box under the hood. I did that and they were fine.

40

I have this same issue. I was going to buy new speakers but now I know I may need to do more research before making any buys. I know my back speakers work fine and there was a time where my front speakers would come in and out but now nothing.

20

i had a real in depth look at one of the dead speakers after this happened to my family's 2007 Cobalt LS, and i discovered that due to poor soldering at the factory too much speaker movement will actually kill the front speakers, because it actually separates the voice coil wires from the tinsel wires due to the bad soldering. so if you do run into this issue, do yourself a favor and buy aftermarket speakers