Any Ideas why my 2007 Cobalt won't start.

Asked by Nov 30, 2015 at 10:29 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS

The car has a strong battery and turns over very well, has great fuel pressure to the rail and great spark from the plugs and good compression, yet will not start.  It's as if all the injectors will not open.  I can get the car to briefly run when spraying fuel directly into the intake.  There are no waning lights on and a check of the on-board diagnostic system shows no trouble codes. I am thinking the ECU, engine control unit, or some safety lock out system I am unaware of.  Any ideas?

25

At first it sounded like the fuel pump but if everything is good as far as air, gas and spark then unfortunately you would need to hook this baby up to a diagnostic to talk to the cars computer to get the information from it. Unfortunately that can not be done over a website, but the diagnostic will give insight into why the car is not starting, whether it be the cars ECM or security system will be seen between the diagnostics and the experince of the technician reading the results.