Why does my 07 cobalt emit white smoke only for a minute or so when I first start in the am??

Asked by Jul 18, 2014 at 09:18 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Sedan FWD

This is kinda of normal,if it only doe,s it in the morning,it,s just humidity,but if you are loosing coolant from your radiator,could be more than this.

Good call T_S_T----Most likely. LESS likely is a valve guide seal, even just one, a tiny bit of oil is seeping in to combustion chamber and burning off right away an NO WORRIES a non-issue. ..Now,,off topic but Margaret I notice Cobalt. Please make sure you have had your car in for re-calls. Ignition switch, very serious. People are dying over this.

Take the advice for both above. To eleiminate the oil leak, use a white paper towel and wipe the tail pile. If it comes out black, it could indicate oil is being burnt. If it is gray or white, it more than likely water vapor or condensation that has gathered in the tail pipe and or muffler. If you dive out of your residence, you may notice other cars emitting the same type of white smoke. This is water vapor burning off when the exhaust gets above boiling temperature in the exhaust system. The more humidity in the air, the more likely that white vapor will be evident. Do have the coolant/water checked in your radiator to be sure you don't have a leaking head gasket.

I have a 07 Cobalt and lots of smoke come out the tailpipe white smoke it runs don't overheat what's up on that I don't know can someone help me