the battery died. I cant open the trunk to get to the battery so I can charge it. How do I gain access to the trunk to service the battery?

Asked by Sep 16, 2013 at 08:07 AM about the 2008 Audi TT 2.0T

If you can get a trickle charger onto the headlight circuit (by partially unplugging one of the side lights or headlight)....you can put the charger on it there with the headlights turned on~...and wait a few hours until the remote trunk release works....then you can clean up/replace the battery~

thanks H25...I owe it ALL to you~!

http://audittmk1.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-open-your-trunkhatch-with- dead.html

still is coming up as a non-existent link....404...but if I search "how-to-open- your-trunklatch-with-dead" comes up on google----this whole business of being non-transferable between here and there leads me to taking a photo and posting that instead of linking....now that the shutter is jammed open after an extensive 16 gigabytes worth of vacation photos the ole' LUMOX probably will be retired~

http://audittmk1.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-open-your-trunkhatch-with-%20dead.html ....a little different in the link, that one opened

How to open your trunk/hatch with a dead battery. As you probably know, your trunk (roadster) or hatch (coupe) is electronically released. I've known for a while that there was a manual release somewhere but I couldn't figure out where. So when the answer came up on Vortex recently, I figured I'd add it to here for everyone's benefit: -In the roadster, the manual release is located in the small compartment behind the passenger seat. -In the coupe, the manual release is located under the cupholders. You must remove the rubber pads on the cupholders and unscrew them to access it.

click image

wow...I'm BLOWN away!~

this shows that electronics are NOT to be trusted and a manual over-ride IS necessary unless you are forcing the owner to play electrical Frankenstein~

105

I have a 2004 TT Roadster. Behind the passenger seat there is a locked panel. Unlock it with your key and swing open the panel. There is a manual trunk release lever in there.

105

Oh I see now that David H25 gave the answer above. Seems this is not a well known solution. My Audi dealer had my car for over a week trying to figure how to get the trunk open.

If you can tell me how to get into the trunk to jump my 2007 A8 with battery 100% dead and key stuck... you ARE a genius! This is the only Audi without a way into the trunk or jump points. Have tried tons of things. Will the headlight thing work or cup holder?

30

I have a 2009 Audi TT roadster with power seats I pulled the battery cable off and the trunk closed how can I open it if everything is powered? Is there a way to manually move the passenger seat to get to the Box to manually open the trunk?help

Thank you so much was pulling my hair out trying to find emergency boot release. Mine is behind driver seat in locked compartment

2004 TT Roadster V6 - of course the battery is in the boot because it won't fit under the bonnet, unlike the 2 litre versions. Had the same problem. Cup holders removed, just showed the handbrake cable adjusters. Tried passenger seat (no lock), found the first aid kit and the 6 CD changer. Tried the locked compartment behind drivers seat (RH drive) - bingo! Thanks guys - got there in the end, now on charge!

p.s. It's also on page 50 of the owners manual . . . .