Door eletronics wont work in heat.

5

Asked by Jun 25, 2015 at 08:24 PM about the 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan

i have a 1997 Acura Integra GS. My issue is that on hot days (90+ degrees) my drivers
side door electronics stop working. My windows wont roll down, my doors dont lock, and
mirrors wont move. If I part the car in my garage for an hour or so where it can cool off
everything will begin working fine like nothing happened.

41,175

Is it just your side only? Or will all the other windows work from their own door switch? If it's just on your side, the heat has done something to the contacts on your switch panel. I would just replace it with one from Ebay.

5

All windows and switches are affected. I've asked around and have been told that if the driver switch isn't working that all the switches wont work. So when the heat issue happens no door locks nor windows switches will work.

41,175

If that's true, then I would just swap out the switch panel in your door. Have you tried a new relay? That may be what's getting hot and causing your issue as well.

41,175

http://soyprint.eu/finder/a/acura-integra-power-window-relay.pdf

5

I thought about buying a new switch but on the Integra when you turn the key in the door it power locks all the door locks. When the heat issue happens this will not work which tells me its something affecting the whole door not just the switch.

68,255

Check the wiring inside the door jam going to switch,driver door jam,boot with wire,s in it,may be bad wire from being opened and closed all these years.