I have a 97 acura cl 3.0. Automatic by the way. I was driving in D4. When all of a sudden it just slips out of gear. It wouldnt take any of the gears or reverse. What may be my issue?

20

Asked by Oct 14, 2015 at 09:18 PM about the 1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium

After restarting it would take the
gears but then slip back out a few
minutes later.

58,265

Have you checked the transmission fluid,to be full?AN d if full does it smell burnt?

615

If your tranny is slipping you might be low on transmission oil. It needs oil to maintain enough hydraulic pressure to keep the car in any gear. Check that first. If that's fine you want to listen for grinding or other noises... however, with modern trannys this is not always the case

20

Trans fluid is topped off. Theres no grinding. Its like its in neutral and you can rev it freely. Now before it would slip, the car vibrates as if loosing power. Thank you guys for getting back to me i really really appreciate it.

58,265

Stephen if fluid is topped and does not smell burnt,you may ned to have it checked by a pro,sound like you may have transmission issues.

20

And about the burn smell i did smell it slightly when this accured

20

Ok. That i will have to do. Thank you. Now quick question? How can i check or test my shift silenoid sensors to see if they went bad or not?

58,265

The best way is to have the computer scanned for codes,that is if the engine light is on,to tell if it is the issue.

20

Ok kool. Hey thank you for your time. I will update thy status as soon as shes scanned. Thank you