1997 Acura CL 2 door 2.2coupe

Mercedes Monreal
0

Asked by May 02, 2013 at 06:09 PM about the 1997 Acura CL 2.2

Whats the best transmission oil to use

Jackie Wilson
305

Hey! To start off, what you are asking about is actually known as transmission "fluid" -not oil. Secondly, I need more info to answer your question-is the trans an automatic or a manual? For now, I'd recommend looking in your owners manual to find out which trans fluid that they recommend. Best wishes! -Jackie

Genuine Honda DW-1 Transmission Fluid 10.05 Part Number: 343167 Manufacturer Number: 82009008 In Stock, Usually ships within 1 business day

@Jackie, ever seen a Manual transmission Acura...if there was on it'd be some crazy six or seven speed thingy~ always think 80W-90...but newer manual transmissions seems to be using straight 30 weight...was a official wrencher from 93-96 in Berkeley....seen all kindza stuff~

you could have let your fingers do the dancin' to get her answer....owner's manual is kinda a cop out...most people aren't near to their cars or they've been otherwise disrespected~ took me about three different searches under varying search terms, but wasn't surprised to find Honda to be the "original" factory oil on these~

there is a hood label, cowel label and door label any or all of which will cry out "use this oil", "inflate this much", "use these kinda tires", "your first born please", if CVT----dammit no dipstick, the thing is dripping slowly from the main seal and I'm feeling like they're supposed to do that...read horror stories about a guy who was simply trying to check the level and the one plug sprayed at him, the other plug was empty- No instructions on this thing...maybe you need to be swiss, a lot of parts on this mini were made in switzerland... that doesn't make it work better...expect Some kind of acceleration...expect to NOT have my neck jerked if not handled like an infant~...have to shell out with the $$$ the thing has 34,000 miles on it and is leaking at the waterpump already and TOM (no 2) says that I should change the timing belt too---as this is an "interference" motor such if the belt goes, valves get bent and the motor...kaput~

there is the possibility that if it were a Nissan or Toyota prius would have a CVT transmission...not as recallable as the MINIs (2006- 2008)~hmmmm....I wonder why?

Jackie Wilson
305

Ah OK. Thanks!! @Mercedes, ^what he said lol

Do really appreciate a girl folk jumpin' right in and helpin' those that need automotive help...it is satisfying to know that you've learned a thing or to in solving these car problems, see the "unanswered questions" as my inbox and make it a point to take a whack at each of them....that is why the rapid accumulation of the points to freakin' number four, I really did not ask for this, but Henry considers me a valuable guy, so here I stay...longing for the intelligence of DavidH25....really feel is karma-tically we appreciate life in the same way~