My passengers side window will not roll back up

Asked by Dec 07, 2014 at 10:33 PM about the 1998 Acura RL 3.5L

I rolled it down this morning (I didnt
warm my car up yet) but I tried to roll
it back up and it goes about 5inches
and stops , it will go down and back
up to about 5inches but thats it ..
what can I do its very cold with the
window down

5,225

I'd guess the cable on the window regulator assembly is jammed. I guess you can grab the window and jiggle and pull it upwards while someone pushes the up button although I really don't think that's going to help, but anything is worth a try.

Yea we tried that and nothing happened.. but thanks :-) im going to check into the.. window regulator?

Do we have to take the door panel apart..could it be a broken clip stuck or something..idk

5,225

It's called the window regulator assembly and there are numerous videos on Youtube to give you a general idea. You could take the door panel off and look inside but my guess is the motor assembly is in the front and the pulley and stuck cable is in the back...... While I had my regulator assembly on order, I pushed the window all the way up and locked it into place with Vise Grips.... On my Crown Victoria (Ford) I had to take the inside panel off, then drill out all the factory rivets that held the assembly to the inside of the door and the rivets that held the window to the rail. I was lucky that I didn't have to pull the window all of the way out of the car to get the old assembly out and the new one in.

5,225

It's very similar to the one on the Ford http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-741-159-Passenger-Window-Regulator/dp/B004SR8BT8

10

I had the same issue with right rear door on 1998 Acura. Just go to the video of how to replace the window regulator ( motor ). Part cost 159.00 and was not that difficult to install, just follow instruction on YouTube video.