turn signal

Asked by Jan 14, 2014 at 02:11 PM about the 2007 Chrysler Town & Country 4 Dr Limited

I have a 2007 chrysler Town & Country Limited when I put the right turn signal it flashs for a left turn.  When I turn on the Left turn signal it works fine.

105

RELLEY PROBLEM OR THE HANDLE SWITCH FELL A PART INSIDE GOOD LUCK

50

Just finished fixing this on my 2006 town and country. It's the turn signal indicator multifunction switch. You can replace (good video for this on 1aauto.com). The cheaper solution is to remove the switch (like you're replacing it), take the back plate off to remove the computer board, and clean off all the lubricant that has gotten on it over time with an electronic cleaner spray (i used MAF cleaner that I had sitting around).

30

Yes!! Did this last night, and thanks a mil ... the task went fine. These switches apparently fail because they have excessive lube inside that interferes with the contacts. First remove switch per this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m5q56aZIas (Note, you only have to remove first screw from underneath the plastic covering, not all three. You can open it wide enough to remove the switch). Then you'll need a small start-shaped screw driver to open the back of the switch. When you open it up take a picture of it because the parts just drop out and you'll need to get them all back the right way. And don't change any switch positions until you get it back together. Anyway, once you get it open, wipe off the circuit board with paper towel, and then use the corner of a paper towel to remove as much of the goo as you can from the contacts. You can just take the contacts out to get the lube behind them. Worked for me, saved me $200 and the hassle of taking it in to the shop. Took me half an hour, even though I had a dickens of a time getting the first screw out.

10

Did this today on my '13 Town and Country and worked great! The screws are torx size 15 on my model and there are only two. No need to disassemble the stearing wheel, the switch comes right out with the top cover removed. I cleaned off all of the goop with electronics cleaner on both the contacts and the contact plates on the circuit board. The goop was all over on the circuit board so the contact plates must have been shorting together.

10

When my headlights are on my passenger front signal will not work on my 2006 Chrysler town and country