my winshield washer has stopped working. Its not blocked and not a fuse. I cant find the bottle, the filler just dissapears somewhere Where is it, how do I get to it and is the pump seperate .

20

Asked by Aug 04, 2013 at 11:18 PM about the 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe RWD

2007 vantage,
need to replace the winshield washer pump/motor but cant find it

10,335

I'm sorry but you have an 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe and you want to do your own work ! All kidding aside, I would direct you to find a repair manual for the car whether it be thru a book store, a dealership, thru www.eBooks.com or some other source and look up "Windshield Washer Motor Removal and Replacement" .

345

Trace the rubber hoses connected to the washer outlet and washer resevoir. You should be able to trace it to the washer pump. It will have a plug on it. You should get +12 volts DC on one of the pins when reading it with a digital volt meter.

20

tried that, they all disapear into bulkheads etc.

20

hey,just 'cause i can afford an Aston doesnt mean i cant enjoy working on it just like any other car Ive owned over the past 40 yrs. I thought it was a simple question that usually pops up better/easier answers than the manual, looks like no one knows where it is !!

10,335

You have to understand that you are the .001% that could own an Aston Martin on this website, so to see a question like this everyone assumes you are not serious. I would say to you, before you possibly do any kind of accidental, more expensive damage to the car (interior trim, scraped paint, wiring damage, etc.), I would think it best to just take it to the dealership and have the work done there.